The Product Documentation Specialist is responsible for supporting ACUTA to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by creating a variety of supporting documentation.
The primary role will be to support the release of new product by providing detailed documentation that describes the nature and impact of new product updates. This documentation will be the basis of updates to Release Notes, User Manuals, Operational Qualification(OQ) Scripts and Training Material.
To produce this documentation, the Product Documentation Specialist will need to work closely with many departments including Product Management, Product Development and Quality Assurance.
In addition, the Product Documentation Specialist will support the Product Manager with a variety of tasks associated with the effective delivery of the ARIM product.
Location: Bangalore, India
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking the key updates being implemented in ongoing development. Working closely with Development and QA to ensure all updates are identified.
- Documenting all changes that are included in each new release, prior to the release. This includes detail descriptions of user interface and process changes, and their impacts on the user.
- Contributing to the creation of PowerPoint presentations, to ensure that reveals of updated product are effective.
- Provide Release Note entries for all product updates included in the release.
- Working with Development, Quality Assurance, Client Services and other departments to assist with the creation and review of product documentation created for new releases. Including User Manuals, OQ Scripts and Training Material.
- Reviewing and enhancing Feature Requirements documents created by Product Management.
- Provide guidance and support to product managers on developing new products and manaing the lifecycle of existing products.
- Develop & implement processes to drive collaboration between, quality and product development.
- Identify and track requirements for test script updates that are initiated by requirement changes.
- Where necessary, manage the creation of conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Help facilitate the implementation and maintenance of a more Agile development process, including acting as Scrummaster in the daily stand-ups and assisting with the maintenance of an iteration plan.
Depending upon the skills, experience and ambition of the individual, additional responsibilities may include some of the following. It should be noted that the ideal candidate will be keen to progress into a Business Analyst role:
Qualifications and Experience
- Support the development and documentation of user stories for new product features.
- Assist with the maintenance of the User Requirement Specification (URS) and the URS Trace Matrix.
- Where necessary, assist with the creation of conceptual prototypes and mock-ups.
- Manage the release process for patches and hot fixes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree required and at least two years appropriate experience of eliciting and drafting technical documentation, preferably documenting software user manuals or guides.
- Excellent English – both written and speaking.
- Good communications skills are needed as the Product Documentation Specialist will need to discuss and understand product updates at a user and technical level. Ability to work with different people across a team effectively.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word is essential and Acrobat Professional preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be keen to progress into a Business Analyst role.
- Any domain knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, eCTD Publishing and associated subjects will be an advantage.